Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ready or not...

Hey everyone!  So here we are, into another week.  For me, this means opportunity for more deals...WOOHOO!!!  I'm bummed though because while we were out today I completely forgot to stop and buy the sunday paper.  Last week I started a new system and I plan to buy 5 copies of the paper each week...too bad I forgot today though:(  I think I'll look into the price of just getting sunday's paper delivered though, it might be cheaper.  Thankfully though, Walmart will sell the sunday news all week long, while supplies last so perhaps a trip out that way will be in order tomorrow?  It would be closer if I just ran out this evening though to the gas station nearby.  The closest place to run is 10 mins away though...pretty different from our old house where we lived less than 5 mins from THREE turkey hills...oh well!

Well here are the deals that I'm looking into for this week at CVS.  The pepsi deal is on again this week so I might grab more of that but not sure yet, I mean, how much soda does one household need?:)  I do plan to get 8 packs of Orbitz gum FREE though, and also a few tubes of Crest toothpaste, FREE. 

So, if you're hoping to get in on some of this "action" this week, be on the lookout for coupons for Orbitz gum and crest toothpaste.  Check out coupons.com...you'll find a lot of printable coupons there!  There is a print limit of 2 coupons and the sites will recognize your computer SOOO my new thing is this:  I print from 2 computers, doubling my printing limit:)  If you have access to more computers you could print even more.  Do you see how this can become quite involved, if you allow it?:)  My brother called my earlier this past week and said I had created a monster...in my sis in law...and I'm thinking "YES!!!!" :)  Way to go ames!  Apparently she's enjoying finding/clipping/organizing her coupons.  Of course the work REALLY pays off at the store when you realize how much $ you were able to save, from such minimal amount of work.

I'll try to post more specific details about the deals I find this week, after I've gotten them which, at this point I'm not sure when I'll have my chance to get out to my favorite store.

While you're there, check out the make-up clearances going on.  This time of year they mark some items 75% off to clean out their inventory...making some items around $2, without coupons!  I saw RiteAid does that for some lotions, etc too.  I don't know about CVS but I plan on scanning the shelves this week to see what other great prices they might be offering.  *** REMEMBER that when you can use a coupon WITH an amazing sale, THAT is when you can save a LOT of $ *** however, if it's not something you regularly buy/need/use, then it might not be a great deal...unless it's free!:)

Ok well that's all I'll ramble about for now...until next post...have fun S.Dealing:)

2 comments:

  1. Lanc News is running a $1 special if you get the Sunday News only. Not sure if they would give any further disc if you ordered more than 1, but it's probably worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I stopped in at a different CVS tonight to see if they had any 75% clearance items left & ended up spending about $25 on various make-up items (mostly things that don't expire like mineral powder foundation, etc). Between the sales & coupons from the Sunday paper, I SAVED $149!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete