Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WELCOME!

Hi!  Thanks for coming to visit my SUPER deals blog...that's what S.Deals stands for.  It's also a little play on words that I thought of, making it sound like "steal".  While I in NO WAY condone stealing, I sometimes think to myself, "gosh, these companies might as well allow people to steal their products, for as cheap as I get them"!!!  (Just for the record, I don't steal anything.  I do the work of clipping coupons & smart planning to get these deals.) :)  If you can't tell, I'm struggling a little bit with the name of my blog so it might end up changing, we'll have to see.

So, in this very first post, I thought I'd just share with you some of my thoughts...about a variety of things, including blogging and couponing.

1.  I'm not sure how many people have suggested that I start a blog or how many times I, myself, have considered doing it.  After different questions on how I got a recent deal, I decided it's probably easier to have something like this, a blog, to spell everything out on rather than explaining it many different times:)

2.  I'm not an author, nor do I excel in grammar...this is my disclaimer for grammatical errors:)

3.  I am a stay-at-home mom of 4 children and the wife of a local city police officer.  My children are ages 6, 5, 3 and 1 1/2...2 girls then 2 boys.  They are another reason why I haven't started blogging before now because I'm just not sure how often I'll be able to update it...time will tell I suppose:)

4.  I like to use smileys, like :), in my typing....and also my favorite" ..." the dots.  So you'll be sure to see those things frequently while reading on here!

5.  I hope to mostly blog about coupon deals that I'm finding and the "how to's" and what you need to do to get in on the savings.  One of my most favorite stores is CVS so I'll often be posting about deals there.  My goal isn't to have yet another coupon blog that matches up all the current coupons vs. sales in various stores...there are already thousands of those. 
   My main purpose is just to encourage YOU, my friends, to roll up your sleeves and dig into this thrilling world of savings.  I say "roll up your sleeves" because you'll find that there is some work involved in this; however, it's certainly not hard work but at times a little time-intensive...depending on how much or how little you want to do!

***So there it is, my first EVER blog post!!!   I'll try to get a post on today yet, regarding the specific & recent deals that you all have been asking about.  I might even try to do it via video?  Then eventually I'd like to post, sometime in the near future, a few more of my thoughts on this new blogging adventure and just about me, who I am:)

Until next post....(see? there they are, my fav little dots)

5 comments:

  1. Great job Kendra. You have to start somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could get the deals you are getting. I love a bargain! I started a blog as well (a new blog I should say I used to blog pre FB) and I haven't told anyone about it yet (how silly is that?) so here is a link to mine . : )

    http://amskitchentablecreations.blogspot.com/
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job, Kendra!! I can't wait to read about your awesome deals!

    I like to use, "..." too!

    *Ally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I'm looking for! To hear about how you are getting the deals you find! :) Thanks for starting. I look forward to following and saving along with you! :)

    Shonna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I'm so excited to read this :) I want to do this, but just can't find the time to figure out how to make it all work.

    ReplyDelete