Thursday, January 20, 2011

Some of my BEST savings yet!

All of this for about $12...should have been $97....saved $85, or around 88% !!!!

OK so I finally made it to CVS this week and boy, did I ever find some S.Deal's!!!  First I should tell you what I did...I left early to pick my daughter up from preschool with plans to have about an hour at CVS to get my S.Deals.  There I am, in the store, hopes high for some great shopping, browsing the aisles, only to find out that I FORGOT MY COUPONS!!!  What a let-down!  Of course there was NO way that I would shop without those precious pieces of paper SO I made only 1 purchase (in which I didn't need a coupon for because it still ended up free) and left the store:(  My only purchase was for Chestal Cough Syrup.  It's on sale this week for $5.00 and you get $5 ecb's with that purchase.  So I paid $5 and left with $5 (ecb's) making it free.


I had planned this trip into my day so now what would I do?  I couldn't justify 20 extra minutes of driving just for these S.deals, especially with gas prices so high.  So then I was trying to figure out how I could get my shopping done today without wasting extra time and gas???  I got it!  We were headed into the city later in the afternoon for dinner with my husband's family...we could just leave early, I'd drop my family off at my in-laws and then go out (before supper) for my thrilling S.deals!:)

While Glenn agreed to this plan, he didn't want to be dropped off ahead of time, he opted for waiting in the van...with 4 kids.  "Ok honey, if you're sure...you know this isn't a quick in and out trip, and you're the one who will be in the van with the kids so...", he still agreed so in I went, this time WITH my coupons:)  I found the crest toothpaste that I would get for free and also the gum...success!

However, there was something AMAZING I was in search of that this particular store was sold out of!  This was the Aveeno products marked 75% off.  On top of the sale, I had 4 $1.50 off 1 hair product coupons.  I have to say, these were some of the best deals I've gotten to date...other than FREE products, of course!  Since this store was out of the shampoo, I convinced my husband to let my run in to another CVS...we were driving right past it, after all, and it would be foolish to NOT stop, right?  Right!:)  To my excitement this CVS had some of the discounted shampoo left...only 2 bottles but that was better than none.  They also had some curling gel (which I donated to my sis in law) and some smoothing creme that was also 75% off.  So there were my 4 hair products to use my 4 coupons with....YES!!!!  (Really, I can't relate in this blog just how excited I was at this "find"). 

Here's the breakdown on the Aveeno product:
  - shampoo, originally 7.49    75% off = 1.87    less 1.50 coupon    paid $0.37 !!!    I got 2 of those...

  - smoothing creme, orig 8.29   75% off = 2.07   less 1.50 coupon    paid $0. 57 !!!

  - curling gel     prices same as smoothing creme    paid $0.57 !!!  (donated to brie) :)


Free products, after coupons and ecbs, were 2 tubes of toothpaste, Sinex sinus relief, 8 packs of Orbitz gum and Chestal cough syrup.

***Note:  there are still some make-up products marked 75% off and if you "stack" them with coupons you can make out REALLY well!  Yesterday I got Revlon mascara AND eye shadow for $2.42 total.


Well there you have my latest S.Deals...what a thrilling week for S.Dealing!!!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the hair gel! My heart is warmed that you thought of me and my curls!
    -Brie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting! you are inspiring me. i've been out to get the deals..but too late in the week i think. =) everything was gone.
    so i may need to rearrange my shopping day & get out earlier in the week.
    -ang stoltzfus

    ReplyDelete